Patrick Shin is living in Honolulu, Hawaii. Many tourists visit the island for just a short amount of time. Here is a 2-day itinerary for Honolulu, the capital of Hawaii. Of course there are plenty of reasons to visit Hawaii.
Our complete 2-days itinerary for Honolulu, Hawaii
- Start the day with a hike to the top of Diamond Head State Monument. The hike takes about 1-2 hours round trip and offers panoramic views of the island and the Pacific Ocean.
- After the hike, grab a late breakfast at one of the many restaurants in Waikiki, such as Eggs ‘n Things or Liliha Bakery.
- Spend the afternoon at the beach, either at Waikiki Beach or one of the more secluded beaches on the eastern side of the island, such as Hanauma Bay or Lanikai Beach.
- In the evening, dine at a local restaurant, such as Helena’s Hawaiian Food or The Pig and The Lady.
- Finish the night with a visit to the Waikiki Beach Walk, a shopping and entertainment complex with live music, street performers, and a variety of shops and restaurants.
- Start the day with a visit to the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. The memorial is free, but tickets are required and can be reserved in advance or obtained on a first-come, first-served basis at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center.
- After the memorial, head to the North Shore to see the giant waves that the region is known for. Stop at the Waimea Bay Beach Park to take in the views and maybe even go for a swim.
- In the afternoon, visit the Dole Plantation to learn about the history of pineapple cultivation in Hawaii and take a ride on the Pineapple Express, a train that takes you through the plantation’s gardens.
- Finish the day with dinner at a local seafood restaurant, such as Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck or Duke’s Waikiki.
Keep in mind that this is just a sample itinerary and there are many other things to do and see in Honolulu. You may want to customize the itinerary based on your interests and the amount of time you have available.
We hope this advice has been helpful for you. Here are also some other relevant blog posts:
You can also learn more about us here.